Tuesday 4 October 2011

Finished! The September edition

Not too many things this month I'm afraid as I finished an awful lot of products last month and there are quite a few products that I've been using every day and they refuse to die. Hopefully there'll be a lot more next month.

First up is actually a product that I was planning on including in last month's Finished! post, but it simply refused to run out. I used it pretty much every day and it still lasted another month. Actually it still had some life left in it, but since I'd actually had it for about 2 years already, I decided it had to go. It's Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara, one of my HG mascaras, I love it, it really works for me. I have reviewed it already, so read this post if you want to know more about it.


See which other products I've finished this month!



Next up is a face powder that I'd been carrying around with me in my handbag for so long, all the writing has rubbed off it. I know it's Rimmel and it's shade 003 Peach Glow, but I haven't a clue what it's called or even how long I'd had it for. Finally it's finished. I didn't hate it or love it, it was a cheap powder to carry around with me and it did the job just fine. I won't be repurchasing it though as I have loads of other powders that need using.


I also finished one of each Biore packs below, I use these strips on a fairly regular (1-2 times a week) basis, so this is a regular occurence. If you missed my review on these, please click here. Just want to add that I will keep repurchasing these because they are the best ones I've come across so far.


Next is a sample I got when I ordered from Debenhams. It's Elemis Pro-Collagen Body Firming Cream. I'd never tried Elemis products before, so it was a good opportunity. I know that since it was only 50 ml and it only lasted for a short time, I probably didn't use it long enough to be able to properly review it, but for me it didn't do anything. It wasn't bad, it was quite moisturising, but my body did not get firmer and I saw no differnce in the quality of my skin. So I won't be buying this, especially because it's pretty expensive. Nivea or Palmers Cocoa Butter will do for me, thank you.


Another sample size product, but since I've been using it for several months now, I can actually do a proper review on this. I got this Lancome Genifique with a free Facebook offer, it was 5 ml and lasted about 5-6 weeks. I can't really explain what Genifique does, but since I started using it over 6 months ago, my skin has been looking really great, with hardly any blemishes and it also seems less oily and just nicer really. I have and will keep repurchasing it, as although it's not cheap, it really is worth it to me.


Okay, so I thought this product was finished. That's a lie, I knew it wasn't, even though the applicator wand was not pulling out any more primer. So I sliced the tube open. And there it was, about half a tube of primer potion left inside. Seriously, this was a 3.7 ml sample size Primer Potion (by Urban Decay) and I managed to half-fill a 3 ml sample jar with it. It had the newer style slanted wand, but still it made no difference. I don't know why Urban Decay thought this was a good design, but thankfully you can now buy the squeezy tubes, so you don't have to risk cutting your fingers off when you think you've run out. I actually have many sample sized genie bottles left that came with various palettes, so I think I will be performing these operations a few more times yet. Anyway, I shall let you know when this is actually finished, I reckon it'll be another month yet. 


Sliced open with all the primer scooped out into a little jar

Okay, so that's all for this month. Like I said, not a lot, but I do have several products on their last legs, so hopefully I'll have loads more to show you next month. Feel free to let me know in the comments what you have finished in September.

1 comment:

  1. Darn primer potion! Nice lot of empties though, I always use my Rimmel products till the writing has rubbed off too;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...