Wednesday 26 October 2011

Guerlain Ecrin 4 Colour Eyeshadows in 10 Les Ombres de Nuit - Review and Swatches

The Guerlain holiday collection also includes a limited edition 4 colour eyeshadow palette, Les Ombres de Nuit. It comes in the same style as the fall eyeshadow quads, housed in a gold colour case inside a black pouch and black box. This product doesn't have the teal-black zebra pattern on the inside of the box or the teal satin lining to the pouch, but it does have teal inside. The shades are pearly grey-white, pearly teal, pearly medium blue and matte black. 


The pigmentation is excellent, the eyeshadows are buttery soft and have great colour pay off, even the matte black shade which can often end up chalky - but not in this quad. The grey-white shade works well as a highlighter, although it is a bit frosty, but it would look nice in the inned corner of the eye. I love the teal shade, it is absolutely gorgeous and the blue is stunning too. I created a really nice smoky teal-blue look with this quad and the eyeshadows stayed on all day with no creasing or fading. (No photos though sorry, it was a busy day.)

The quad is priced at £37 and you get 7.2 g of eyeshadow which is quite a decent size actually (makes it cheaper gram for gram than Mac single eyeshadows for example). You also get a decent sized mirror inside the compact which is always a plus and a double ended foam applicator which is not going to get any use from me, but maybe some people would find it useful.

Have you bought this eyeshadow palette yet? Are you planning on indulging? Let me kow in the comments!

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!







Taken with flash

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Yes, I did buy this one, and I'm not 100% certain if it's perfect for me - I usually lean towards warmer colours, and am wary of blue, as I associate it with my mum always wearing one particular blue eyeshadow, even when it didn't look quite right lol! Going to be experimenting with this one - got to get a blue kohl I think for lining with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are so pretty. I did have a kick look at it the other day and really wished I had swatched it now! Thanks for the lovely pictures.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I really like this palette, but most likely will buy "the blue" one from autumn/new permanent line. Just because the latter has brighter shades of blue, it appeals slightly more to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...