Wednesday 5 October 2011

Laura Geller Baked Marble Eyeshadow/Eye Rimz in Cinnamon Swirl/Mint Chocolate Chip + FOTD

Bit of a mouthful, huh? Anyway, this is my newest Laura Geller baked eyeshadow, it cam out in the same (Vanilla Nudes) collection as the Baked Dreams Cheek Highlighter and Blush I told you about the other day.


What you have hereis basically a baked eyeshadow duo. On the left you get a mixture of autumnal shades: orange, brown and khaki swirled together. On the right you have a very shimmery blackened green eyeshadow that can also be used as a highlighter. I have found that it is best used wet because otherwise it's a bit chalky and the shimmers get lost when applied to the eyelids dry. I used it wet as an eyeliner and it is gorgeous. The left side of the eyeshadow is slightly larger and has good chunks of separate colours, so I managed to pick out the orange and khaki (but there's a nice big brown patch too) to create the look you can see at the bottom of the post. The left side is perfectly good applied dry, in fact I never even tried it wet.

I used my Barbara Daly eyeshadow primer under this and the shadows didn't crease at all and still looked the same 10+ hours later. There was minimal fallout during application, but nothing afterwards. The compact is 1.8 g, so pretty much standard baked eyeshadow size. As it was part of a set, I haven't got a price for this, I don't think it's available to puchase on its own anyway.

Make sure you go all the way down to the bottom of this post as I have a look I've created with this eyeshadow duo which I think turned out really well actually. There are also swatches after the jump.



Baked Marble Eyeshadow/Eye Rimz in Cinnamon Swirl/Mint Chocolate Chip on the left


Swatched dry, picture taken with flash

Swatched dry, picture taken without flash in direct sunlight

Finally, here's the look I created. On the lid I used the orange shade and in the crease I used the khaki shade, plus I used the right half of the compact wet as eyeliner on the upper lashline. Other products used were Mac Undercurrent Pearlglide eyeliner on the lower lashline, Mac Gleam eyeshadow above the crease, Mac Dazzlelight eyeshadow on the browbone to highlight, No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara in Black on the lashes.


Face products used were: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream in Light, Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium, Mac Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish on cheeks, Mac Full Speed Sheen Supreme lipstick on lips. Let me know in the comments what you think!



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look. I love the orange and green combo. I'm very tempted to source this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, so pretty :).

    Sadie x

    www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beautiful shades! thanks for sharing and posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...