Thursday 13 October 2011

Chantecaille The New Classic Palette Review and Swatches

Even though I'm a huge fan of Chantecaille's palettes, I wasn't going to buy this palette because it's very expensive (as all things Chantecaille are) and also it didn't seem that exciting to me. Palettes with fish, sea turtles, butterflies, tigers are always appealling to me, but this particular palette doesn't feature any animals for a change. I ended up buying it on eBay for just over half price (it retails for £75) as I can't say no to a bargain.


The shades included in this palette are Valerian, Thistle and Lavender, and the blush is called Rose. Valerian is a really nice highlighter shade with subtle shimmer. Thistle is a lovely taupy grey. I had a bit of trouble with Lavender as it was the chalkiest of the shadows, but I imagine it would look very nice asa liner. I found it a bit hard to blend into the crease. The blush is really pretty, it looks very natural with very subtle shimmer.

The palette is a very shiny grey square palette with a C and Chantecaille written on it. It is a fingerprint magnet, if that bothers you, you might not like this packaging. I personally don't mind it. The palette is refillable, which is a bonus. You also get a full sized mirror inside the lid. All in all this is a nice palette and you do get 12 g which is a lot of product, but to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't pay £75 for it. But then you pay for the brand name, and Chantecaille is a luxury brand after all.

See lots more pictures and swatches after the jump!







Valerian, Thistle, Lavender, Rose (with flash)

Valerian, Thistle, Lavender, Rose (without flash in direct sunlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...