Sunday 2 October 2011

Laura Geller Baked Cheek Dreams Highlighter and Blush in Banana Split

Firstly, I'm sorry I haven't been posting for a few days and that my blog sale is still not up, but I've been very busy with the children and school, plus I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of days. Also it's been so hot in the South of England, we've been playing in the garden and even got the paddling pool out. Very unusual for October, to say the least. I have managed to take quite a lot of photos, but writing up posts has been too tiring and time consuming, so I haven't done any. Sorry. I will try my best to post more next week.


What I have got today is another baked product from Laura Geller. This is from the Vanilla Nudes collection, a 3-in-1 blush/bronzer/highlighter. I already have this in 2 other shades, Neapolitan and Vanilla Peach Cobbler. I like the bronzer/blush shade which is a nice shimmery bronze, and the colour of the blush in the middle is also really pretty pinky purple, but unfortunately the middle strip is so thin, it is almost impossible to pick it out alone. When I used it on my cheeks, I ended up mixing the bronze and pink/purple together. The highlighter is very subtle and not at all shimmery, and it's a good portion of the whole compact, so easy to pick up on its own. The compact is 9 g as usual.

I think this is another nice product from Laura Geller, but if you don't like shimmery blushes, then it's not for you. It is disappointing that the middle strip is so thin as it's a really pretty colour, but maybe you can use a very small brush to pick it up. You can see me wearing the blush and bronzer in this FOTD picture and there are lots of swatches after the jump!



Baked Cheek Dreams Highlighter and Blush in Banana Split on the right

I first swatched the shades with a brush and then swatched them heavily to show the shades more clearly. So first, lightly swatched:

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Heavily swatched:

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to try Laura Gellar make up, it looks so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire. It's only a sore throat and my ears are blocked. Trust me to get ill in 30 degrees, lol.

    Summer Loren, you're in luck, I will have a Laura Geller giveaway very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful post. I didn't realize that I was missing out on a lovely highlighter. I ordered the first two from the Vanilla Nudes collection but decided to cancel my order for the third set. Gosh, looking back now, I should have just kept the standing order. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...