Sunday 23 October 2011

Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick 26 Gardner Swatches And Review

As promied here's my review of the new limited editon (although I'm not entire sure if it is, please correct me if it's not) Guerlain Rouge G lipstick in 26 Gardner from the Guerlain holiday 2011 collection. I have to admit, at first I wasn't too interested in this lipstick (well, at first I didn't even know this was part of the holiday collection actually). I prefer my blue based reds and this is more of a brown-red/brick red shade, but it has really suprised me because it actually looks really nice on me.


It has the usual great Rouge G formula, it's really creamy, pigmented and long-lasting, and of course comes in the wonderful Rouge G case. I have reviewed many of these lipsticks, so I won't bang on about this, just show you some swatches and let you make up your mind. In the swatches below I only swiped it once on my arm, so you can see how pigmented it is. Although it didn't last through lunch, but without eating and drinking it lasted for a good 4 hours on me.

I do need to mention the price though as sadly it is very high at £28.50 (ouch!), but you really do get a very luxurious product for your money. Also with a long-lasting lipstick like this, you don't need to touch up too often, so shouldn't be afraid of using up your lipstick too quickly. But still, £28.50 is a lot of money for one lipstick, so that's definitely a negative. But it is the only one I can think of, and I still love Rouge G lipsticks very much.

See more photos including swatches after the jump!






With flash

In direct sunlight without flash

In direct sunlight without flash

With flash


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures and you look lovely. I love the blue eyes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nazia! It's the Acid Blue Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara actually that I'm planning on reviewing soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sort of red really suits you, so nice on! I only have a few pieces from Guerlain, not even a lipstick, and this makes me wish I had more.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this and really love it, the Rouge G lipstick line is the best ever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...