Thursday 27 October 2011

Guerlain Holiday Rouge Automatiques 169 and 170 - Review and Swatches

The last two products from the Guerlain holiday collection left to review are the new Rouge Automatique lipsticks. The two shades are 169 Flirt D'Un Jour and 170 Nuit D'Amour. They couldn't be more different, with 169 being a barely there pinky nude and 170 a very vampy blackened purple shade. Although 170 is nowhere near as dark when applied as it looks in the tube. It's more of a sheer wine colour in the swatches, of course it is buildable and can be quite dark if you need it to, or just a purple stain if you are scared of dark lipsticks.


I like them both, but I think 170 is my favourite.I'm not really a nude lipstick kinda gal. But I do really like the pink and blue sparkles in 169, and it is a nice glossy lipstick. 169 doesn't last as long as 170, probably 2-3 hours, whereas 170 lasted more like 3-4 and it faded into a nice stain on my lips. Neither of them are as creamy as most of the Rouge Automatique lipsticks I own, the formula seems a little less creamy and the colours are less opaque, but with 170 I think that's not necessarily a bad thing.

These lipsticks are priced at £24.50 and they're 3.5 g each.I bought mine from Debenhams, but they're also available from other department stores.

I have managed to do lip swatches for 170, but unfortunately I don't have any for 169. However you can see some arm swatches as well as lots of other pictures after the jump!




169 Flirt D'Un Jour, 170 Nuit D'Amour

169 Flirt D'Un Jour, 170 Nuit D'Amour

169 Flirt D'Un Jour, 170 Nuit D'Amour
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

 

169 Flirt D'Un Jour, 170 Nuit D'Amour
Taken with flash

170 Nuit D'Amour

170 Nuit D'Amour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...