Wednesday 16 May 2012

Mac Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara

This is my first ever mascara from Mac, I got this as a gift with purchase a while ago and after finishing my Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara, I decided to give it a try and see for myself how good it is (or not). I have already worn it in one of the FOTD posts I've done lately, so click here to see what it looks like on my lashes.


The mascara is a weird double one, it has a two-in-one wand. I don't really know how it works exactly, but if you only screw off the pink end, then you get a thinner wand with less coated bristles, but if you screw off both the pink and purple together, then you get a thicker wand with thoroughly coated bristles. It's one wand, but I think the width of the hole you pull it through determines how much mascara coats the brush. Check out the pictures below to see what I mean.

Neither of the options work very well for me, it either takes several goes to coat my lashes properly or it makes my lashes stick together and the mascara clump. If I use the thinner end, it does a good job of separating my lashes at least. I prefer the spikey brushes instead of these bristley ones for separating my lashes to be honest. It gives quite good volume and length, but it's not my favourite mascara for either. I find it too hard work and I've not been reaching for it when I'm in a rush, simply because it takes a while to apply.

The formula wasn't the best for me either. It smudged on me, especially under my lower lashline, which is practically unheard of, none of the other mascaras I've tried smudged on me. It's very black which is nice, but equally it takes some work to wash it off. It's not waterproof at all, but you need a good make up remover to take it off properly.

This mascara costs £18.00 and you get 9 g which is pretty generous. The other good thing about it is that when you're finished you can take the empty tube to Mac and you get a free lipstick for 6 empties. I think it's too expensive for what it is and I know that Rimmel does a very similar mascara for half the price (although I haven't tried it myself), so that might be a better option. I'm personally happy I didn't pay for this.

See more pictures after the jump!



The thinner wand

The thicker wand

2 comments:

  1. oh! That concept of a double mascara in one is really strange! Its a pity that the formula failed on you. That's also knowing that MAC mascaras have never been so good compared to other brands (or at least in my opinion!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favourite mascaras! :) sorry it didnt worked out for you!

    Judy.

    http://judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...