Tuesday 22 May 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows *New Summer Shades* Review and Swatches

Here we go again, lol. I just can't stop buying these eyeshadows, and of course when I heard that there were 5 new shades being released, I had to go and check them out. I didn't get Metallic Lilac because it looked a bit too grey and I already have Purple Obsession which to me is a nicer colour, but I did buy the other 4 and here they are:


These eyeshadows remind me very much of the Giorgio Armani Eyes To kill shadows, even more than usual, as they all have specks of different colours in them. In fact Sassy Marshmallow seems very similar to the Armani shadow #22 Ecailles, although I have not swatched them next to each other (I don't own the Armani one myself).  Biggest difference is that these eyeshadows only cost £6.99 each and you often have some sort of an offer going, plus I actually think they come in better colours than the Armani shadows.

These new shades are all very summery (except for Sassy Marshmallow), and have the same wonderful formula that stays on all day and doesn't crease even without a primer. I wore Naughty Strawberry the other day with just a glittery eyeliner (Urban Decay Heavy Metal glitter eyeliner in Catfight) and black mascara and got lots of compliments. I love using these when I don't have much time in the morning, I just use them as a wash of colour on my lids, add eyeliner and mascara and done. 

As I said above, these cost £6.99 each, but Superdrug has a 3 for 2 offer on all cosmetics and so does Boots, but I have not seen these new colours in Boots yet.

See more pictures after the jump!



Top row: Naughty Strawberry, Innocent Turqouise
Bottom row: Sassy Marshmallow, Magnetic Coral

Top row: Naughty Strawberry, Innocent Turqouise
Bottom row: Sassy Marshmallow, Magnetic Coral

Naughty Strawberry

Innocent Turquoise

Sassy Marshmallow

Magnetic Coral

Naughty Strawberry, Innocent Turqouise, Sassy Marshmallow, Magnetic Coral
Taken with flash

Naughty Strawberry, Innocent Turqouise, Sassy Marshmallow, Magnetic Coral
Taken without flash in natural daylight

5 comments:

  1. I have the same addiction to these infallible eyeshadows. I've been collecting them. So far, I have 15 which were release in the US and 7 that were only available in Canada. I can't wait for more releases. I own a few of the Armani ones but I can definitely say that i like the Loreal ones much more because the colors are more vibrant and the range is also greater. I hope to see more of your EOTD posts. Can you please post an EOTD with Naughty Strawberry and UD Catfight glitter eyeliner? I don't have the UD liner and I'm curious to see the combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I prefer them over the Armani ones, the colours are way prettier. I have two of the Armani ones and they are nice, but at that price, I can't be buying them all the time.

      Delete
  2. I wish we got the same shades in the USA. These look perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally addicted and have purchased Int'l colors from well.ca (crazy shipping), ebay and I was able to buy these from feelunique.com. If you are interested maybe we can do a UK/US swap!! We need Superdrug and Boots here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are so pretty! Especially Magnetic Coral. I also wish we had that here in the US.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...