Wednesday 2 May 2012

Barbara Daly Satin Swirl Eyes Eyeshadows Review and Swatches Part 3

You may remember that I have reviewed some of these new Barbara Daly Satin Swirl eyeshadows before (click here for my review) and at the time I was sure I'd seen pictures of some other shades on the display stand, but could only find 6 initially. Well, I have managed to track down the remaining 4 shades and yes, there is a purple and a green one as I initially thought.

Top row: Oyster, Rose Lace
Bottom row: Whirl, Twilight

That's the good news. The bad news is that these are - for some reason - nowhere near as nice as the other 6 shades. I was most disappointed in the gorgeous purple (Twilight), it looks so intense in the pan yet it has a poor colour payoff. I have swatched them with my fingers which always give a better colour payoff, and I have applied them with a brush, but either way all I got was a sheer wash of colour. The green one (Whirl) and the champagne colour (Oyster) are the most pigmented of the bunch, although Oyster is very light, so it's not very easy to see, but it does make a lovely highlighter. The dusty pink shade (Rose Lace) looks quite dull in the pan and also when swatched, it doesn't really show up on my skin.

I haven't worn Whirl yet, but I did a look with the other 3 (sorry, no pictures, I'm really rubbish at taking pictures at the moment) and the colours were very sheer, although you can build them up slightly. I guess it's good news for those who don't like/want to wear very bright colours. I ended up adding Mac Grand Galaxy Extra Dimension eyeshadow in the crease because Twilight was just not cutting it as a crease colour. Otherwise they wore pretty well and didn't crease at all (I had Too Faced Shadow Insurance under them). At £8 each for 2.5 g they're still not bad value, but compared to the other 6 shades I felt these, especially Rose Lace and Twilight, were a a bit of a letdown.

These are now available online from Tesco Direct as well as in-stores, although I believe that these 4 shades are only available in selected stores (none of mine had them). There is currently a 3 for 2 offer on all Barbara Daly products.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!



Top row: Oyster, Rose Lace
Bottom row: Whirl, Twilight

Oyster, Rose Lace, Whirl, Twilight
Taken with flash

Oyster, Rose Lace, Whirl, Twilight
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Oyster, Rose Lace, Whirl, Twilight
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand before
    they look very lovely but I wish they were more intense :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Rose Lace, too bad it's not really not pigmented.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...