Monday 14 May 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow 50 Edgy Emerald Review and Swatches

When Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadows arrived in the UK there was a lot of excitement around them and also some disappointment. It seems the UK was only allowed 7 shades for some reason and we didn't get this gorgeous green. So I once again did a search on eBay and a week later I received this loveliness.


I didn't actually pick up any of the shades available in the UK mostly because they were either boring or colours that I'd already owned from other brands (Rimmel, MUFE, etc.), so Edgy Emerald is my first and only one so far. It is basically a cream eyeshadow that works either on its own or as a base. I have not worn it on its own yet, but used it as a base under Mac Shimmermint and Smutty Green mineralize eyeshadows and it was really great: made the colours on top pop and also helped the eyeshadows adhere on better. It stayed creaseless for a good 15 hours (until I washed it off) and the eyeshadows on top hardly faded. Brilliant.

You get 4 gramms which is similar to the Rimmel mousse eyeshadows and in the UK these eyeshadows cost £4.99. Edgy Emerald is a lovely slightly bluey green shade. It applies a bit lighter than it looks in the pan, but it can be built up. The eyeshadow blends really easily and sets pretty quickly. Once it's set, it will stay on unless you rub it very hard (which you should do anyway). I really like this one and I really wish we had some more interesting shades in the UK. I think these eyeshadows are very comparable to the MUFE Aqua Cream eyeshadows for the fraction of the price, so it would be great to have the same colours available from Maybelline too.

Anyway, long story short, I love this. Will post the FOTD with Mac Shimmermint and Smutty Green soon. In the meantime, see more pictures, including swatches after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...