Wednesday 23 May 2012

L'Oreal Color Riche Lipsticks Review and Swatches

When I went to Superdrug to check out the new L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows, I also had a look at their lipsticks, especially as there are 3 new ones and one in particular looked very yummy. I ended up only buying 2 of the new ones and also picked up one from their permanent line. I don't actually own a lot of lipsticks from L'Oreal despite the fact that one of my favourite lipsticks (in the past) was a L'Oreal lipstick and I actually used one up and bought about 3 back ups - only to find out about different brands and now I don't use those at all.


Anyway, the colours I picked up are 402 Electric Fuchsia, 407 Metallic Coral and 373 Magnetic Coral. Magnetic Coral is part of the permanent line, the other two are new. The third new shade is Prismatic Pink, but as it's a very light blue pink colour, it didn't appeal to me personally. Out of the three that I bought I love Metallic Coral the most, it's such a gorgeous coral with a metallic pink sheen to it. Electric Fuchsia desptite looking quite dark in the tube (although not nearly as dark in real life as it appears in my photos) applies quite sheerly. It also has a lot of slip to it, but it does feel very moisturising. Magnetic Coral is very pigmented and creamy, it's similar to Metallic Coral in colour, but it's a bit lighter and doesn't have the pink metallic sheen. I wore it today, it lasted for about 3-4 hours before I had to re-apply. Metallic Coral lasted over 4 hours without re-applying, it is very longlasting and still manages to feel moisturising on my lips. I've only tried Electric Fuchsia on for the colour, I don't know how long it lasts for.

What I don't particularly like about these lipsticks and is one of the reasons why I don't buy a lot of drugstore lipsticks nowadays (with a few exceptions like Revlon) is that they are strongly scented, but the scent isn't very pleasant. It's not as bad as some (Maybelline, I'm looking at you), but not my favourite.

All in all though these are nice lipsticks and while not too cheap at £8.19 each, with a 3 for 2 offer they are certainly worth it. Superdrug currently has a 3 for 2 offer on all make up products, and Boots also has a 3 for 2 on L'Oreal products but I haven't seen the new colours in Boots yet.

And before I go, just a heads up, I'm looking at a few very busy days ahead, so there may be a lack of posts on here over the next 3-4 days, but I will try my best to keep blogging. Normal service should resume soon in any case.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!



402 Electric Fuchsia, 407 Metallic Coral, 373 Magnetic Coral

402 Electric Fuchsia, 407 Metallic Coral, 373 Magnetic Coral

402 Electric Fuchsia, 407 Metallic Coral, 373 Magnetic Coral
Taken with flash

402 Electric Fuchsia, 407 Metallic Coral, 373 Magnetic Coral
Taken without flash in natural daylight

402 Electric Fuchsia, 407 Metallic Coral, 373 Magnetic Coral
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Wearing Metallic Coral on the lips

3 comments:

  1. I have Electric Fuchsia and Metallic Coral, and I absolutely love the Metallic Coral one - I think I'll be wearing a lot this summer. It lasts a long time on me, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's you I need to thank for bringing these lipsticks and the eyeshadows to my attention. :) Also I wore Electric Fuchsia today and even that lasted for about 3 hours which is really good considering how sheer and glossy it is. x

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously lusting after metallic coral! Can't wait to take a look at it instore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...