Tuesday 8 May 2012

My Mac Hey Sailor Haul and Swatches

Sorry this is a bit late, but I've only just got around to doing and I know this collection hasn't launched in America yet, so hopefully some of you will find it useful. So this is my haul from Mac's summer collection Hey Sailor (well, most of it, I'm still waiting for two eyeshadows to arrive from Debenhams, will do a separate post on them).


I got all 3 Pro Longwear Lip Pencils, one Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Handforged, Riviera Life and Send Me sailing lipglasses, Red Racer lipstick and Crew High-Light Powder. A relatively modest haul by my standards, but I do have a lot of make up already, so I'm trying to be a bit more picky.

I'm not going to do a full review partly because I haven't actually worn everything yet, but I do have swatches for you and also a picture of me wearing Red Racer lipstick. So far I'm happy with everything I've got, my favourites have to be the lipstick and the High-Light Powder, which actually shows up quite well on me, so I can use it as a subtle blush. Also, just to clarify, the stripes are not an overspray which is why I ended up buying it (plus because it's very pretty).

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!




Throw Me A Line!

Shore Leave

Sauter

Handforged

Riviera Life

Send Me Sailing

Red Racer

Crew

Throw Me A Line!, Shore Leave, Sauter, Handforged, Riviera Life, Send Me Sailing, Red Racer
Taken with flash

Throw Me A Line!, Shore Leave, Sauter, Handforged, Riviera Life, Send Me Sailing, Red Racer
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Crew (shades swatched separately, then mixed together)
Taken with flash

Crew (shades swatched separately, then mixed together)
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Wearing Red Racer on the lips

8 comments:

  1. Wow! it's out already? The highlighting blush looks really fun but swatches very lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the products, did you swipe any of the bronzers? I want the longwear one called sun dipped it think. I love the two lipglosses. They're up on the mac us website but it still says "coming soon".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I wasn't interested in the bronzers, sorry.

      Delete
  3. these products look so beautiful on you! your face looks flaweless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow I'm going to MAC Shop because they finally received Hey Sailor and Reel Sexy collections but I don't know if I will get anything. It's so annoying to see the prices are so high here and the quality is not the same as MAC products in Germany or UK. I'm disappointed. Actually I buy MAC only when I travel to other countries, never bought from mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. Which country do you live in?

      Delete
  5. Nice haul! And wow, your eyelashes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...