Thursday 27 September 2012

Topshop Cheek Duo in Desert Sun Review and Swatches

I have a confession to make: I don't get Topshop. Please don't hit me! I don't know if it's my age or that fact that I'm ridiculously not fashionable, but I have not once managed to find any clothes in Topshop that I liked. Make up however, is a different story. I'm a sucker for Topshop make up especially their nail polishes, but I have been known to pick up other products like their eyeshadow crayons and other bits and bobs. So when I last wondered into Topshop this little beauty caught my eye.


Topshop Cheek Duo is basically a 2 in 1 baked products with a blush and bronzer in one compact. Desert Sun is the peachy version, there is another shade (Break of Day) which has a pink blush instead of a peach one. Actually I'd say the blush in Desert Sun is more a pinky coral than peach. It's a satin finish, whereas the bronzer, a little coppery brown shade, is actually quite shimmery. I'd prefer it the other way round to be honest, the bronzer would be more suitable for contouring. The blush is quite powdery and had to be layered to show up on me and it faded away quickly. The bronzer is more pigmented and longer lasting and not as powdery either. The two products together give a nice sunkissed glow to my cheeks. I think on darker skintones the blush would look quite ashy, but the bronzer would make a lovely highlighter.

The compact is an off-white colour matte finish plastic. It seriously lacks a mirror in the lid, I think at this price they really should put one in. It's not overly expensive, it costs £12.50 for 6.5 g, so still significantly cheaper than Mac blushes and bronzers, but equally I don't think the quality is there. I like it, but don't love it.

See more pictures including swatches and a look I did with this product after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken withut flash

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Wearing the blush on my cheeks and the bronzer just below to contour

Wearing the blush on my cheeks and the bronzer just below to contour

1 comment:

  1. I bought one of these but it underwhelmed me too. Just general lack of pigmentation think I tossed it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...