Friday 21 September 2012

Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs 01 Les Violets Swatches and Review

Last year Guerlain reformulated their eyeshadow quads and released 9 variations (since then they have added a few more colours to their permanent line up), one of them being 01 Les Violets. I initially only picked up 08 Les Perles because that one seemed the most unique and I'd already had all the older eyeshadow quads so didn't feel necessary to buy the others, but I saw this one on eBay and decided to pick it up.


As you can see this is just a tester, so it doesn't come in the fancy compact, but it does come with a plastic protective lid, so still properly portable. If you want to see what the compact looks like, please check out this post. You still get the full size eyeshadows, 7.2 g in total. In Les Violets you get 4 different shades of purple (who would have thought?), from very light pinky violet to dark mauve (the colours in the pictures look more blue than in real life). The textures are different, you get a matte shade, a frosty/metallic shade  and 2 satin shades. None of them are shimmery/glittery. Some feel softer than others, the matte shade in particular is a bit chalky, with the frosty cool purple being the softest and most pigmented.

This quad felt a little bit below par considering the usual quality of Guerlain eyeshadows, a couple of shades just didn't feel as nice as they should. I do appreciate that mattes can be a bit harder to work with, and I think Guerlain does frosty/metallic and satin shades better than mattes. The eyeshadows still stayed on my lids for 12+ hours without fading and creasing, so that's up to Guerlain quality, it was more the application issues I had with a couple of shades that I wasn't too pleased with.

All in all, the colours are lovely, but I can't recommend this palette wholeheartedly. Unless you are a massive purple fan, I'd skip this, especially as the recent additions to the Ecrin 4 Couleurs line have been a nicer quality.

I bought my tester for £14 on eBay, but Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs eyeshadows retail for £37.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!



Taken without flash

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

2 comments:

  1. Podobają mi się te kolorki ^^ te z boku są super ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, however, I do not understand Polish, so English would be more appreciated. Thanks.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...