Saturday 1 September 2012

Laura Geller Eye Elements Baked Eye Shadow and Highlighter in Sand and Sea

I have another one of Laura Geller's Eye Elements, a compact containing 3 baked eyeshadows and a baked highlighter (that can also be used as an eyeshadow of course). I own a few of these already, for reviews and swatches, click here.


Sand and Sea is the newest shade containing a sand colour eyeshadow, a pinky bronze colour eyeshadow, a teal eyeshadow and a light pinky beige highlighter, suitable for cheeks and eyes. The eyeshadows used dry are a bit on the sheer side, especially the teal colour, it is also the most shimmery, but they are pretty colours, nice for creating a neutral look with a pop of colour. The highlighter is a little frosty, but it is still very wearable and it is certainly not glittery. The shadows and the highlighter are very soft and silky, with the exception of the teal one which is a bit crumbly.

I'm sure we've seen these colours before a million times, but it's still a nice compact, great colours for summer and it's a good all in one option. I really like the highlighter, it's very pretty. The compact contains 9 g of product altogether, so each block of colour is big enough to use separately and the highlighter portion is big enough for a blush brush.

I bought mine on eBay for just over £15 plus postage, but it is also available on QVC for £30.25 plus £2.95 p&p. I personally don't think these are worth £30, and that's why I buy them on eBay. If they were £20, I would consider buying them from QVC.

Anyway, see more pictures including swatches and a look I did with this after the jump.






Highlighter, sand, bronze, teal eyeshadows
Taken with flash

Highlighter, sand, bronze, teal eyeshadows
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Highlighter, sand, bronze, teal eyeshadows
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Wearing the sand shade in the inner corner, bronze on the lid, teal in the crease, highlighter on browbone

1 comment:

  1. Pretty colours - remind me of some MAC mineralfinish shades I've got. I've never had much luck with QVC - two orders somehow never came through for some reason!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...