Sunday 9 September 2012

Guerlain Fall 2012 - Rouge G de Guerlain Lipstick in 28 Genna Review and Swatches

I'd been planning on doing this review for a while, but never had time to do lip swatches and when I finally got around to taking pictures, the disappeared off my computer when I transferred them from the camera. So I had to redo them, and finally, here's the review.


Out of the 4 Rouge G lipsticks Guerlain released for the fall/autumn, I really loved Gracy which I actually ordered unseen, but I wanted to check Genna out in person because it looked like it may be too orange for me. Good news is, it isn't. It is an orangey-red, very warm, but it's definitely more red than orange. It lasted on me for about 4 hours without eating, it became more and more pink as it faded and left a nice pinky stain behind despite its orange hues which is intriguing.

Guerlain Rouge G lipsticks are my favourites, the formula is lovely, lightweight yet long lasting and the colours are usually so beautiful and flattering. They come in a heavyweight lipstick case with a flip out mirror. Rouge G lipsticks aren't refillable sadly. I haven't run out of any yet (due to having so many lipsticks), but if I do, I would love it if I could just buy a refill, otherwise the case just goes to waste.

Rouge G lipsticks cost £29.50 each and contain 3.5 g of product which is a regular amount. All 4 Rouge G lipsticks released in the fall collection are permanent additions to the Rouge G line, so you don't have to rush out to buy them all straight away.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!







Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken with flash

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...