Sunday 30 September 2012

Scent Of The Month: Guerlain Shalimar Eau de Toilette

I don't normally review fragrances on here mostly because I'm really rubbish at describing scents. I can say things like "it's really nice" and "it's a sweet and/or floral scent", but other than that, I'm no use. But because I really like perfumes, own around 40 different ones and use perfumes every day, I thought I'd start a little series and see how it goes.


So this month's fragrance is one of my favourite fragrances Shalimar by Guerlain. It's a strong, sweet scent and I think it's a great choice for this time of year. It's not in your face, but is quite strong and long lasting. Because I'm rubbish at describing scents, I've decided to copy Guerlain's official description of the scent:

"Soft oriental Voluptuous, sensual, spellbinding Tonic top notes of fresh flowers and bergamot are calmly intrepid. Like the savvy disorder of rumpled silk sheets, powdery notes of iris, jasmine and rose suggest or promise sensual embraces. The creamy softness of addictive vanilla, the penetrating charm of iris, the balmy roundness of opoponax and the gourmand warmth of Tonka bean orchestrate an intimate symphony of scent for languorous interludes."

I couldn't find the Eau de Toilette on the Debenhams website, but the Eau de Parfum costs £42 for 30 ml and £79 for 90 ml.

Let me know how you like the idea of this post (possible series) in the comments!

See another picture after the jump! 




3 comments:

  1. Yes, please post more about perfumes. I'm also a baby perfumista and rubbish at describing scents, but even "this is why I like it" kinds of information are interesting and useful, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm also interested in your perfume collection - especially, since you've started with Guerlain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series you're starting. I once did a favorite scents series on my blog! I should start again. I'd love to read more about the perfumes you love each month. Shalimar is an oldie... it takes me back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...