Thursday 20 September 2012

Bargain Beauty Find: Cargo Lash Activator Review

A little while ago I noticed that having stopped using Rapidlash some months ago my eyelashes have gone back to their original lenght (ie they are very short), so when I noticed a shelf with reduced products in Boots, I decided to try out Cargo Last Activator mascara.


Unlike Rapidlash this is not a serum, but an actual black mascara that you can use on its own or under your regular mascara. It is supposed to "promote lash vitality", which I understand as help make your lashes longer and stronger.

I have been using it in conjunction with Rapidlash, on its own without another mascara on top. It has a long wand with a very flexible brush head and plastic spikes. They separate my lashes well. The formula is a little show drying and it smudges on me if there is much humidity in the air, I often have to wipe it from under my eyes. It's not too bad, but certainly not as good as my favourite mascaras from Guerlain (Le 2 and Noir G) and Givenchy (Phenom'eyes). It's an okay formula, but doesn't curl my lashes at all, and it doesn't really make them look very full or long. Okay, I know, it's not a miracle worker, but still.

I can't really comment on whether it has helped with the growth of my lashes as I've only been using it for about 3 weeks and I'm using it with Rapidlash, but my lashes haven't been falling out and they do look a little longer than when I started using it.

I was very lucky to have picked this up for £2.50 because it actually retails for £20 (it was up on the Boots website when I last looked but it isn't right now), but maybe that particular branch was not carrying the Cargo line anymore. To be honest, I'd say it's a good mascara for £2.50, but not for £20. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it. If I wanted to spend £20 on a mascara I'd buy a Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara or a refill for my Guerlain Noir G mascara.

I haven't included any pictures of me wearing this on my lashes, but basically every eye look I've done in the past 2 weeks will have featured it, so take a look at my previous posts.

See more pictures after the jump!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...