Thursday 23 September 2010

Christian Dior 5 Colours Designer Palette 808 Pink Design review and look

Today I'm wearing one of my new Dior eyeshadow palettes, so I thought I'd do a quick review and show you the look I've created with it. Dior has now released 5 of the 5 Colours Designer Palettes which are basically all in one eyepalettes including a base, an all over lid colour, a crease colour, a highlighter and a cream eyeliner. I think they are a great idea, especially if you're not that confident and would like some help with matching colours and placing eyeshadows in the right place.

Dior 5 Colours Designer Palette in Pink Design

Today I'm wearing the newest addition to this line, Pink Design, which includes a cream coloured base, pink all over lid colour, purple crease colour, light pink sparkly highlighter and a blackened purple eyeliner. I skipped the base colour because I'm already using an eyeshadow primer and I'm not even sure if the base is at all good for priming your eyelids, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. I would rather see another colour eyeshadow in the palette rather than the base actually, pehaps a darker pink or lighter purple. The pink all over eyeshadow is lovely, soft, blendable and pigmented and I was very surprised by the purple shade because it didn't look that pigmented in the palette, but when I put the brush on my eyelid I thought whoa, this is reallt good! Very nice violet-purple with a slight sheen and very pigmented! The pink sparkly highlighter is very sheer, but I guess you don't need your highlighter to be too obvious do you? The cream eyeliner is very blendable and easy to use, although you might want to use a proper eyeliner brush instead of the teeny weeny one supplied.

See below for some swatches and the look I created with this palette.


Top: Blackened purple cream eyeliner
Bottom: Pink all over colour, cream base colour, pink highlighter, purple crease colour
(swatches with flash)

Top: Blackened purple cream eyeliner
Bottom: Pink all over colour, cream base colour, pink highlighter, purple crease colour
(swatches without flash)

To create this look I also used Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Ransom, Guerlain Le 2 Mascara in Violet, Sleek Make Up Blush in Flamingo, Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Petticoat and Mac Dazzleglass Creme in If It's Pink.

Hope you like it! Have you tried any of the Dior 5 Colours Designer Palettes? Which on is your favourite? I think this one might just be mine!

2 comments:

  1. I just got this palette. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I bought this today then took it straight back as it wasn't really what I wanted, I still desperately want Crush Glow. I could use your advice actually, can you go check my blog? xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...