Thursday 16 September 2010

Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadows vs. Laura Mercier Sequin Eyeshadows

I ordered a couple of Bobbi Brown's Sparkle Eyeshadows and I just received my order this morning, so thought I'd review it straight away. And while I was taking photos I realised that these eyeshadows are actually quite similar to Laura Mercier's Sequin Eyeshadows (from her recent Mystique collection), so I thought I'd include those in this review as well. I bought Bobbi Brown's Sparkle Eyeshadows in Denim (from the Denim & Rose collection) and Black Velvet (from the new Black Velvet collection). Denim is a shimmering blue, Black Velvet is a glittering deepest plum - according to Bobbi Brown. Denim is pretty, but to me Black Velvet is amazing, it has these multicolour sparkles that are just gorgeous! Unfortunately the photos don't do it justice, my camera couldn't really pick up the sparkles in it. I did include a slightly blurred swatch photo that shows the sparkles a bit better.
Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadows Denim and Black Velvet
Denim
Black Velvet
Denim, Black Velvet
Denim, Black Velvet (click on image to see those sparkles properly!)
Read my review on Laura Mercier's Sequin Eyeshadows and see pictures after the jump! The Mystique Collection by Laura Mercier has 3 eyeshadows, but I also managed to buy another shade that only seems to be available in the US (or at least isn't available in the UK). I bought Peacock (shimmering bluey green), Sterling (shimmering silver) and Violetta (shimmering purple), plus Lapis (shimmering blue violet). There is also one more shade of these eyeshadows available on the Sephora (US) website called Twinkling Star (shimmering champagne) which I'd also get my hands on, so I'll keep an eye out on eBay. Anyway, these Laura Mercier Sequin Eyeshadows are pretty similar to the Bobbi Brown ones, they all look like they're cream shadows (they're not), nice and buttery and sparkly. Lapis is a bit chunky with a bit of a fall out, but not too bad. I wore Sterling in this look and really liked it. It didn't crease and looked lovely and sparkly for hours and hours, plus there was only very very minimal fallout. See more photos and read my conclusion...
Laura Mercier Sequin Eyeshadows in Peacock and Sterling
Laura Mercier Sequin Eyeshadows in Violetta and Lapis
Peacock
Sterling
Violetta
Lapis
Peacock, Sterling, Violetta, Lapis
Peacock, Sterling, Violetta, Lapis
Peacock, Sterling, Violetta, Lapis (click on image for sparkles!)
All in all, these eyeshadows are very similar, and all worth having if you like yourself some shimmer. My personal favourites are Violetta and Black Velvet. Pricewise, you are getting more eyeshadow for your money with Bobbi Brown as her eyeshadows are quite a bit bigger and they are cheaper as well. The Bobbi Brown eyeshadows are 3.8 g and cost £14.50 as opposed to 2.6 g you get from Laura Mercier for £18.00. They fit in their own brand's palettes as they are the same size as their regular eyeshadows. Did you get any of these or are you planning on buying some?

4 comments:

  1. The pigment in these is amazing. God love a bit of Bobbi!! Great blog btw xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you buy this kind of makeup????

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymus: You can buy Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier cosmetics in a number of departments stores including House of Fraser, Selfridges, and online at bobbibrown.co.uk and spacenk.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...