Wednesday 22 September 2010

And my collection is finally complete...

As some of you know, I am a huge fan of Guerlain Meteorites and collect them as well as use them (well some of them anyway). I got into Guerlain only a couple of years ago, so anything before then I missed out on. And of course as most brands, their seasonal collections are limited edition, so it takes a lot of time (and money) to track down old collections. Thankfully (with the help of eBay and MakeUpAlley) I have been able to find everything, in fact the last piece of my Meteorites Voyage Powder collection arrived to me yesterday. And here it is:
Guerlain Meteorites Voyage Powder Eclat De Rose
This powder was released in 2003, so it is now very rare, but I was lucky enough to find a brand new unused boxed one in perfect condition. It was also cheaper than the usual retail price (which is now over £100), so I'm really pleased. I've also taken the opportunity to take an up-to-date picture of all my Meteorites Voyage Powders as they are so pretty and I love looking at them. I do use some of them (have a few back-ups that I've picked up on eBay or in sales (usually half the price)), but they really are worth the money to just stare at. :) Also they smell divine. Of course there will be a new Voyage Powder coming out with the holiday collection (more on that later) which I'm really looking forward to as it has bee pattern and looks gorgeous! Anyway, here's some more pictures of my new Voyage Powder and the rest of my collection. Enjoy!
Hello there!
Eclat De Rose compact
Inside the compact
The powder itself without flash
With flash
My collection on Guerlain Meteorites Voyage Powders
Top row: Mythic (old version - before 2010), Eclats De Nacre (2000), Red Pastel (2002) Bottom row: Mythic (new version - 2010), Imperial (2009)
Top row: Eclat De Rose (2003), Midnight Diamond (2004), Winter radiance (2005) Bottom row: Radiant Butterfly (2008), Gold Temptation (2007), Reflets De Velours (2006)
Closed complacts
Close up of closed compacts (try saying it fast lol) Top row: Mythic (old version - before 2010), Eclats De Nacre (2000), Red Pastel (2002) Bottom row: Mythic (new version - 2010), Imperial (2009)
Close up of closed compacts Top row: Eclat De Rose (2003), Midnight Diamond (2004), Winter radiance (2005) Bottom row: Radiant Butterfly (2008), Gold Temptation (2007), Reflets De Velours (2006)

5 comments:

  1. These are super pretty! Congrats on your new arrival ;) Baby in a corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking to buy one of these (golden version of Mythic) on ebay, one of the seller says its made in Italy while the other says its made in France. Which one is genuine?
    PS.the case of the the 'made in Italy' one has a wider outer rim, ie.the floral pattern is smaller.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very hard to say unseen, if you can send me the links, I could have a look. Otherwise I'd go with the one that says Made in France, but also check the sellers feedback and other items too just to be safe. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the refills of mythic (both old and new versions) the same size? I have the old voyage compact and am planning to buy a new refill for it. I wonder if it fits? Please help. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...