Sunday 24 June 2012

My Chanel Summer Collection Haul - Sable Rose Bronzing Powder and Calypso Glossimer

A rather small haul from Chanel summer, I only picked up one glossimer and one bronzer. I bought Calypso glossimer, a very bright orangey coral lipgloss with gold shimmers and Sable Rose bronzing powder.


First up, the bronzer. It is made up of 7 different coloured strips including some pinky purple ones which was why I chose Sable Rose. I apologise but I haven't actually swatched it yet, it's very pretty and as I have many bronzers on the go, I thought I'd save it for now. I have both from last year and have hardly made a dent in those yet. This one is also rather huge at 15 g, so it should last a long time.

Calypso glossimer is a bright orangey coral lipgloss with lots of golden shimmer. It is definitely more orange than Guerlain Porto Fino Terracotta gloss, but it also has a bit of a pink tinge to it. It's very pretty and summery. Unlike a lot of glossimer it is very nicely pigmented (some shades are mostly just shimmer) and lasts quite well on the lips. It isn't sticky at all, but due to the amount of shimmer it isn't smooth either, the shimmer makes is quite gritty in fact. This doesn't bother me too much, but if you prefer smooth glosses, that is something to consider. You get 5.5 g which is quite a lot (although it's hard to say how many ml that is).

The bronzing powders cost £34 and the glossimers cost £21. I believe most of the collection is still available, but obviously is limited edition, so if you want to buy anything, don't hesitate.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!












Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in direct sumlight

1 comment:

  1. Lovely bronzer! Can't wait to see the swatches! :) x

    Judy.

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...