Monday 25 June 2012

Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream Review and Swatches

Every brand is bringing out their own version of BB cream at the moment and now Boots's own brand, No 7 has one as well. I had heard about it being a good one, so I thought I'd give it a go. As I had a £5 No 7 voucher, I only has £7.95 to lose. But actually, it was money well spent.


No 7 Beautiful Skin BB cream comes in 2 different shades (fair and medium) and also there are 3 different versions according to your skin type (normal/oily skin, normal/dry skin, dry/very dry skin). So other than dark skinned ladies, everyone can find their own match (and yes, there should be a dark shade!).

I bought the shade fair and as I have a normal/combination skin, I opted for the normal/oily version. The colour is a pretty good match for me and the consistency works well with my skin type. It did need blotting/powdering halfway through the day, but that's normal for me. The coverage is medium and the cream doesn't feel at all heavy on my skin. Blends in like a dream, doesn't feel at all tacky and doesn't make my face shiny. I really like this one.

It also qualifies as an actual BB cream as it has skincare elements as well as SPF15 and 5 star UVA protection, and it's also a pretty good tinted moisturiser/foundation. I can't confirm whether it's moisturising on its own or not, because I always use my usual daycream under it, but it's certainly not drying on me.

I think this BB cream is comparable to the 17 Blemish Balm, but it's more lightweight, has a slightly less coverage, has less SPF and is more expensive. So there are pros and cons to it. This one costs £12.95, but if you manage to get hold of a £5 off No 7 voucher (Boots are handing them out right now!), it is a very good deal as you get 40 ml with this, whereas the 17 Blemish Balm is just 30 ml. 

So all in all, I think this is a very good BB cream and would happily recommend it. I really like that they cater for different skin types. On that note, has anyone tried the new Garnier BB cream for oily skin? Is it any good? I'm too scared to buy one, I hated the original one so much.

See more pictures after the jump!







Unblended

Slightly blended

Fully blended

5 comments:

  1. Also, I've just seen on BBB, there's new Sleek BB creams coming out soon too. I know you like your Sleek products, so you might want to check that out too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the No7 one too - but for dry/very dry, and really like it :) As you say - with a £5 voucher it works out quite reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review. I saw a friend carrying this bb cream and can't help but wonder if there's some review before I decide to buy it online. Thanks again :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts, thought I would say thank you for all the great content. Keep it coming! I will try to stop by here more often.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skin-Laser-Surgery-Center/114304728602108

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower :)!

    tobebioacaseofbeauty.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...