Tuesday 10 April 2012

What's In My Holiday Make Up Bag?

You might not have noticed (thank God (Blogger) for scheduled posts), but I went on a short holiday last week, and I thought I'd show you what make up I took with me. Now bearing in mind I was only away for 5 days and on day 1 I'd already done my make up, I'm thinking I might have taken a bit too much with me. Well, see for yourselves...


It doesn't look too much in the bag, but that's just the basics, I also took 5 Sleek palettes and my Mac highlighting palette with me. So yeah, too much, especially bearing in mind we spent 3 of the 5 days at the swimming pool, so those days I pretty much only wore waterproof mascara and lip balm.

Do you also take loads of make up with you when you go away or are you a minimalist? Let me know in the comments!

For details of what I took with me, keep reading after the jump!

First up the face products. I took:

  • Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation that I'm desperately trying to finish (I don't like it and this is my last bottle, finally!), 
  • Guerlain Meteorites Compact which I actually keep in my handbag anyway, 
  • Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and Shimmer, well only the shimmer as the other side is all used up
  • two The Body Shop baked blushes

Face products

Before I went away I managed to get my hands on 7 of the new Revlon lip butters, so I decided to take them all with me for a thorough testing. I will do a review on them shortly.

Revlon lip butters

Eye products and a concealer. I took:
  • Garnier roll-on concealer (I actually really like this one),
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
  • Guerlain Le 2 waterproof black mascara, 
  • Givenchy Phenomeneyes Acid Blue waterproof mascara,
  • Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara,
  • 7 Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils: Zero, Oil Slick, Binge, Flipside, Corrupt, Bourbon, Lust (well you can never have enough eyeliners),
  •  Mac Brow Set 
 
Eye products (plus concealer)

I also took 5 of my Sleek palettes, which I know sounds really excessive for 5 days, but I did take of them mostly to be used as blushes. The Good Girl palette and Paraguaya palette work really well as blushes, they are very pigmented and the pans are just big enough for a small blush brush.

Sleek palettes
I also took my Mac highlighter palette (4 shadows) which I completely forgot to photograph, but I will review it shortly.

And in case you're wondering, this is my make up bag. Isn't it adorable?


It's quite funny actually, I saw this bag on the Selfridges website and I really wanted to get it, but didn't want to fork out for the outrageous shipping cost. So I was delighted to discover that it's also sold by The Blott Shop which is a lovely stationery shop I took my daughter to (because she collects the erasers they sell).They also deliver free of charge if your oder is over £20 by the way. The bag is big enough for everything you see above except the Sleek palettes.

So there you go, told you I took a ton of stuff, but that's an indecisive make up addict for you. 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love this type of posts. :)

    I'd like to think I overpack too but compared to a lot of make up geeks my holiday stash looks streamlined lol If it's just a couple of days I only pack 1 of each, maybe 2 when it comes to kajal and lip stick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I wouldn't pack that much! Mostly when I pack make-up to go away, I only take the bare minimum and hardly end up using any of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like there are a number of products that are close to pan! That's a nice feeling, isn't it? I mostly pack cream eyeshadows and blushers because I just hate to carry brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of the Urban Decay liners are so tiny now, I don't think I can sharpen them again. They were very small to start out with though, although I do use them regularly. The highlighter part of the MSFN will take a while to get through and I don't think the foundation will be finished any time soon, but it's getting there. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...