Wednesday 18 April 2012

Guerlain Shine Automatique Lipstick #200 Sous Le Vent Review and Swatches

I have been looking forward to the new Guerlain Shine Automatique lipsticks and finally I've managed to get my hands on one of the shades, 200 Sous Le Vent. It's a pretty shimmery nude shade, although it probably wouldn't have been mine personal choice of shade, I'm more interested in the pinks and reds, but since this was available on eBay for under half the retail price, I thought might as well get it and see what I think.

 

I do like it actually. The formula is lovely, very lightweight, moisturising and surprisingly long lasting considering how light it is. It stayed on my lips for about 2.5 to 3 hours with minimal drinking, although it was a little hard to judge when it disappeared, because it's really not very pigmented. It does give a lovely shine to the lips and feels very comfortable, so for days when you don't want to look like your wearing much make up, this is perfect. It does have a slight shimmer to it, but it's definitely not gritty at all. It also has a slight sweet scent, not flowery like some of the Guerlain lipsticks nor does it smell of parma violets like the Meteorites. It's quite nice and unoffensive to me.

You get 3.5 g for your money (which I believe will be £24.50 once it's launched in shops sometime very soon) which is your regular lipstick weight. The tube is the same as the regular Rouge Automatiques, the lipstick pops up when you push the slider down. The packaging is lightweight and not too bulky, so you can carry it around happily (not like the Rouge G lipsticks that weigh a ton!). I can't wait to try out the brighter shades, I am well impressed with this lipstick.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!








Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in very weak sunlight

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...