Saturday 30 October 2010

Guerlain Les Ors Holiday 2010 Collection Haul

As you know, I was very excited about Guerlain's holiday collection Les Ors and I have already told you all about the new Rouge G Brillant here. Now I'm going to show you my latest haul from this collection. Ta-da!



I got:

Meteorites Perles D'Or
Or Imperial Sublime Radiant Powder
Ombre Eclat 4 Colours Eyeshadows in Velours D'Or
Kiss Kiss Strass Lipstick in Rouge Imperial

More details and pictures after the jump!

I will tell you all about the Meteorites in a separate post, but here's a little preview for now.


Absolutely gorgeous, no? So is the rest of my haul. I especially love the Sublime Radiant Powder, which is basically a very finely milled gold shimmer powder that you can spray on your hair, face, decolette and clothes, scented with the signature violet scent. It's not discoball glitter, it's quite subtle (although I would recomment not using it on the face if you don't like glitter), and I've had lots of compliments when wearing it. Guerlain releases one of these limited edition powders every Christmas and so far I have 4 of them (plus the odd back up, ehm) and they're as gorgeous as each other. This year Guerlain has changed the packaging (it looks even more like a perfume bottle and has lots of lovely bees on it by the way!) and is now giving 17 g instead of 10 g for only slightly more (I think £2 more than last year, inflation or whathaveyou), so even I won't be buying a back up. It's really more of a treat and to be honest, even 10 g lasts forever, so 17 should last for... erm... even longer?!

Here are some pictures of the Sublime Radiant Powder:





With flash

Natural sunlight 

Right then, next up, the eyeshadows. Once again, the outer packaging is the usual black we expect from Guerlain, but on the pouch you get the lovely bee motif again. The compact is gold (I think this varies from one collection to the other) and on the gold eyeshadow you have the little bee again. The rest of the shades have a pattern that's supposed to represent the honeycomb I think. I apologise for the lack of swatches, but I have a bad habit of not touching pretty eyeshadows for a while, so if you'd like to see some swatches, I suggest you head over to the lovely Karla Sugar's website as her swatches are one of the best ones around anyway. 

Here are some pretty pictures of the eyeshadow compact:







Last but not least is Kiss Kiss Strass lipstick in Rouge Imperial (#323). It's a lovely wearable red shade with sparkles. Looks quite dark, but swatches a lot sheerer, and is very pretty. I haven't worn it on my lips yet, but when I do, I will show you how it looks. For now, here are some photos and swatches:



 With flash

Natural sunlight

 Natural sunlight

With flash

So there you have it. I'm still planning on buying the other Kiss Kiss Strass lipstick (Rose de la Reine), the mascara (13 Or 2 Nuit) and of course the gorgeous Voyage Powder, but I couldn;t justify getting everything all at once. And I'll be back later with more pictures and details on the Meteorites!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...