Tuesday 30 October 2012

My Guerlain Holiday 2012 Collection Haul Part 6 - Ecrin 4 Couleurs 500 Les Ombres Turandot

The last product I bought from the Guerlain holiday collection is the 4 colour eyeshadow palette #500 Turandot. The biggest reason for leaving this last is that it wasn't available when I tried to buy it at Harrods and I kept waiting for Debenhams to have it for ages, until I got bored and ordered it from Escentual. It was a good decision as I saved 10% as well.


Anyway, this year's limited edition eyeshadow quad has no special pattern or packaging which is a bit of a let down in my opinion, but I know that shouldn't be the reason why we buy make up. And it isn't, it just makes it even more desirable. Turandot has 4 rather warm shades, a shimmery warm gold, a satin orangey rosy pink, a matte plum and a metallic dark brown-taupe (a very hard to describe colour). All housed in the usual gold compact, which comes in a black velvet pouch with red trim and the usual black outer box (which also has red on the inside, like with the other palette and the powders in this collection).

The eyeshadows are nicely pigmented and easy to work with, they're soft and smooth. They stayed on my eyes without creasing and fading for 10+ hours. I admit they're all rather warm and might not be very easy to pull off for some skintones. The colours remind me of the Tsarina quad from 2009(?) which is also a very warm quad. It's actually quite funny as the Tsarina quad was part of the fall/autumn collection and Turandot also feels very autumnal, rather than Christmassy.

As I mentioned, I bought my quad from Escentual for 10% less than the usual retail price of £37 which I was very pleased about. You get 7.2 g of eyeshadows which is almost twice the size of the Mac holiday eyeshadow palettes for only £5 more. Just saying...

See more pictures including swatches and a look I did with the palette after the jump!







Taken with flash

Taken without flash

Taken with flash

Taken without flash

Finally, here's the look I did with the palette. Gold shade in inner corner, orangey rosy pink in outer corner, plum shade in crease, brown-taupe shade under the lower lashline. I also used Lou-Ling Shine Automatique lipstick on the lips.





7 comments:

  1. Ahh your look is beautiful! Perfect for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the way you've used the shades here. Quite possibly the prettiest look I've seen you do!

    Despite my cool-leaning complexion, I'm very tempted by this because these types of shades tend to brighten my blue eyes. Thanks very much for the review. Not dissuading me from spending money on it at all, but very nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your lashes turned out in this look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...