Friday 1 July 2011

NOTD: Nails Inc. Aldwych and Farringdon Crackle Topcoat

Firstly, sorry about the messy application, but I was very keen to try these nail polishes out as soon as I received them and happened to have the time to actually take pictures before the chips appeared, so I decided to post them anyway.

Nails Inc. Aldwych with Farringdon Crackle Topcoat (with flash)

Farrigdon is the gold crackle polish I had been waiting for for a long time, ever since British Beauty Blogger wrote about it a few months ago. I ordered it from the Nails Inc. website a few days ago together with The City (glitter purple crackle) and The West End (glitter turquoise crackle).

Aldwych was a free gift with purchase and I'm really delighted with it as it's a gorgeous shimmery peachy pink. It is so opaque, it almost looks perfect with just one coat, but two certainly does the job. It's very shiny and looks really beautiful. I think it's lovely under this gold crackle topcoat as well as alone.

Farringdon is the thickest crackle polish I have tried and it was a bit tricky to apply quickly as I would run out of polish halfway through my nail, so had to go back to pick up more onto the brush. It took a while to dry too, even with a quick dry top coat and I managed to smudge it while cooking. But it is a gorgeous glittery gold and it especially looks amazing in sunshine. I can't comment on staying power yet, but nail polish chips on my nails quickly regardless of brand, so it probably wouldn't be very helpful anyway. The crackle topcoats cost £11.00 each and available from Nails Inc. and other retailers.

See more pictures after the jump!



Nails Inc. Aldwych with Farringdon Crackle Topcoat (without flash in direct sunlight)

Nails Inc. Aldwych with Farringdon Crackle Topcoat (without flash in direct sunlight)

Nails Inc. Aldwych with Farringdon Crackle Topcoat (without flash in natural daylight)

Nails Inc. Farringdon Crackle Topcoat and Aldwych Nail Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...