Monday 24 October 2011

Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit

Continuing with reviewing the Guerlain holiday collection, I have the gorgeous Meteorites powder to show you today. This year's limited edition Meteorites come in a teal container, but are the same design as last year's holiday meteorites and also the new permanent shades. The teal colour runs through the whole collection and the outside black box has the same teal-black zebra pattern on the inside as the Parure de Nuit highlighter powder.


Inside we have the powder balls in different sizes and colours: pink, white, gold, orange and silver to correct, illuminate and even out skintone and give radiance. At first I was slightly disappointed with these pearls because I had read that these limited edition Meteorites were going to contain green/blue pearls, but it appears they had been replaced by the orange ones for whatever reason. I still love them and they're still very pretty, although they don't seem that special. Anyway, that's just me.

The Meteorites cost £36 and for that money you actually get 30 g of product which is pretty good. These powders last for absolutely ages. Plus they are so pretty and smell so gorgeous.

I haven't provided a swatch photo as Meteorites don't really show up in photos, but you can see me wear them in the full face picture in this post (make sure you scroll right down to the bottom). The silver pearls seem to be slightly glittery and you can see some glitter on my face, although that was a lot less noticable in person.

I'll leave you with lots of product photos after the jump!








With flash

Without flash

Without flash

9 comments:

  1. Hey I want to buy a meteorites to wear all over my face to set my foundation - would i be better buy the regular versions? ie is this one more like a highlighter? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I wouldn't categorise this as a highlighter, the silver in it certainly makes it more glittery than the regular ones. In the full face picture in the other post I'm wearing it all over and it's not frosty but you can see a few flecks of glitter which you certainly wouldn't get with the permanent ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK thanks! One more question - are all the meterorites voyage pressed powders limited edition? (I mean the really expensive ones). I know there is none out this christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly there isn't a new voyage powder out this holiday. :( But they're not all limited edition, the Mytic one is permanent. Or you can try the pressed powders which are a lot cheaper at £34.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I want to treat myself but I can't make up my mind whether to splash out on the voyage powder or not... or just get the meteorites pearls or the pressed powders. Thank you so much for your help though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to take silver glittery balls out to be able to use this new meteorites as a finishing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I the only one that looks at these and wants to eat them? They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @baby in a corner Glad I could help. Enjoy whatever you decide on getting!

    @Demonicsurfette I can't say I've ever wanted to eat them, lol. I love looking at them though and smelling them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your meteorities collection ! This one seems so impressing ! Btw, Guerlain has altered their regular meteorities collectrion so there is no Beige chick or Mythic anymore :( but sth similiar instead. I've heard that the new ones are so much more and don't give that 'Photoshop look' What do ya think? :) Thanks for answer :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...