Tuesday 15 November 2011

FOTD: FrontCover Eye Popping Eyeshadow Palette Cover Look

As promised, here's my attempt of recreating the cover look of the FrontCover Eye Popping Eyeshadow Palette that I reviewed yesterday. This is something I don't do very often, partly due to lack of time and partly due to lack of interest, I prefer doing my own thing. But I do like the cover look on the palette and wasn't too sure what to do with the bright green shade in the palette, so I thought right, I will try to do the look.


So here it is, what do you think? I was quite pleased with it, although I need to add that it's not a look I would wear on an average weekday as it was brighter and darker than in the photos. It's good fun though and I did this last Sunday, so I didn't get many funny looks (other than from my family, but they are used to me wearing bright make up by now).

Keep reading to see more photos and find out what I used to create this look!

This is what it was supposed to look like:



And this is the end result:



And here's how to achieve the look:



I also used Cloud Dance to highlight as there was no highlight shade in the instructions, but I prefer using one. I used Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Zero to line my lower lashline. On the lashes I used No 7 Exceptional Definition Nutrient Enriched Mascara in black, on the brows I used Mac Brow Set in Show Off and on the face I used Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse 030 Sand, Mac Truth & Light Magically Cool Liquid Powder and I used the left 3 shades of the shimmer brick style eyeshadows in the bottom tier of the palette (see my review here to jog your memory of the shades) as blush, but as I said in my review, it is too frosty to be used as a blush. On my lips I'm wearing Avon Natural Gold lipstick. Let me know what you think!




3 comments:

  1. So beautifully blended. Gorgeous look. I've never bought the Front Cover palettes because they seem so bulky. Can they be easily depotted and put in something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I guess they could be depotted because they are uasually in a soft plastic tray within the cardboard box, so you could always just cut the plastic up and gently pull it off the bottom of the pans? I haven't tried it though. This one though I wouldn't think you could depot, and this is way less bulky as well, it's about the size of an A5 paper, although quite heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful look and quite similar to the original picture. Well done you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...