Monday 29 March 2010

Guerlain Meteorites Pearly Whites 05 Absolute White

A new piece was added to my collection today (although I've already included it in the pictures in the post below) in the form of the newest Asian exclusive Meteorites. A very lovely lady on MUA CP'd it for me from Hong Kong, it's called 05 Absolute White. This is the third time now Guerlain has released an Asian exclusive shade, after 00 White Pearls (in 2006?) and 04 Pastel White (summer 2009) titled Guerlain Meteorites Pearly White. (Shades number 01, 02 and 03 are in the permanent line, the other limited edition shades don't get numbers.) As the name suggests, these pearls are all very light, either very pastely coloured pearls mixed with white pearls, or in the case of the new ones, entirely white with very subtle shimmer to them. Here are some photos of this gorgeous powder, and also a couple of swatches. Please note that I swatched it very heavily (there was a lot of powder on the puff on top of the balls), you would not put this much powder on your face, so it wouldn't look white on you, just act as a subtle shimmery highlighter.

2 comments:

  1. I am very tempted to buy this on eBay as a highlighter, however my skin tone is NC43/44 and I'm not sure if it will show up or compliment my skin tone. Can you please advise if this would compliment warm, medium/dark skin tones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be perfectly honest, I am not an expert on Meteorites, although I wear some of them, most of them I won for my collection more than anything. While Meteorites generally don't add much colour to the skin, I would probably advise someone with a darker skin to opt for the darker shades rather than the white ones. Of course this doesn't go on as a white powder, it mainly just add sheen, but I'm guessing it could look a bit odd on someone with a warm, dark skin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...