Thursday 10 March 2011

Paul & Joe Spring 2011 Parasol Collection eyeshadow duo review

I had my eye on the new lipsticks that came out in Paul & Joe's Parasol Spring Collection, but when I went to harrods last month to finally check them out, I was distracted by all the shimmer in these lovely eyeshadow duos. So much so that I ended up coming away with 3 of them and no lipsticks (the lipsticks were quite sheer and I decided against them in the end).


Paul & Joe's spring collection includes 5 eyeshadow duos, 3 lipsticks and several other lovely things. I bought eyeshadow duos 001 (yellow and white), 002 (pink and brown) and 005 (light blue and purple). They are a bit similar to the Myface Cosmetics Bling Tone eyeshadows that I reviewed here, they seem like pressed glitter, but they are very fine and look almost creamy. I found they apply better with your fingers than brushes, the light blue shade especially applied very flaky with a brush, but there wasn't too much fallout either way. Some are more pigmented than others, my favourites are the brown and purple shades for pigmentation, but I do love the sheer sparkles of the white and yellow too.

As usual, the packaging is very pretty, I love Paul & Joe, they always have such lovely details on their products. The boxes have beautiful spring theme, what looks like a flowering rose bush, and the compacts are pearlescent white with the signature flower detail on them. Very pretty. The eyeshadows are fairly small (2.3 g, which is still quite a bit bigger than Mac single eyeshadows), but they are big enough for the halves to be used separately. 

I did a look with the blue, purple and pink ones that you can see here, and there are more pictures and swatches after the jump!



How pretty is this? 


001, 002, 005

001, 002, 005
With flash

001, 002, 005
With flash

001, 002, 005
Without flash under bright indoor light

2 comments:

  1. Wow sparkle sparkle, they look so pretty, especially the cute packaging. x x x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...