Sunday 22 April 2012

Bobbi Brown Rose Gold and Wild Rose Shimmer Bricks Review and Swatches

I've got the two newest Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks to show you from the Rose Gold collection. They are called Wild Rose and Rose Gold and I was especially excited about Wild Rose, it's such a pretty one. As I collect Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks and own all that have been released (you can check out my collection in this rather old post - it shows all of them except for the Party shimmer brick that came out for last Christmas), of course I had to buy both of them.


I do like both of them, but Rose Gold works more of a highlighter on me whereas Wild Rose I can use as blush. They both have a metallic sheen, but they are not glittery. If used lightly, they give nice highlight, and even a more heavier application of Wild Rose didn't look too shimmery on me. On a darker skintone both would be highlighters rather than blushes. Of course they can also be used as eyeshadows. I swatched the shades separately with my finger and also blended together with a brush, so you can see the colours and the sheen properly.

Rose Gold is definitely the warmer one of the two, whereas Wild Rose is a cooler pink. It reminds me of Rose shimmer brick without the white stripe. Rose Gold reminds me of Nectar shimmer brick, but lighter. Nectar works as a blush on me, but Rose Gold doesn't really.

You get 10.3 g with both of these and they cost £30.50 each. These are limited edition, so if you like them, get them while you can.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!




Wild Rose, Rose Gold

Rose Gold

Wild Rose

Rose Gold shades individually swatched
Taken with flash

Rose Gold shades blended together
Taken with flash

Rose Gold shades individually swatched
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Rose Gold shades blended together
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Rose Gold shades individually swatched
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Rose Gold shades blended together
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Wild Rose shades individually swatched
Taken with flash

Wild Rose shades blended together
Taken with flash

Wild Rose shades individually swatched
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Wild Rose shades blended together
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Wild Rose shades individually swatched
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Wild Rose shades blended together
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...