Tuesday 6 March 2012

My Mac Haul Part 2 - Vera Collection

So as promised here's my Mac haul post part 2. (Missed part 1? Check it out here!) The Vera collection was the one I was most excited about with its pretty powders and colourful pigment stacks. There's also a bunch of lovely Pearlglides and Plushglasses, plus some nail polishes in the collection, but I didn't get those because I already have most of the Pearlgides, I am okay for sheer lipglosses for the next decade or so and I don't like cream finish nail polishes.


I did get all 3 Crushed Metallic Pigment stacks and both Pearlmatte Face Powders though and they are all so pretty. I haven't actually used any of them, but I have swatched the pigments and I'm pretty impressed. Quality wise Aloha is the best, all 4 pigments are really smooth and the colours are gorgeous too. I also love the colour in Strawberry Patch and the pigments are quite smooth, not as smooth as the ones in Aloha, but still pretty nice. The worst quality of the 3 stacks is Butterfly Party, much chunkier and harder to blend, but the colours in it are so pretty, I can forgive it.

I have to admit, I have not even swatched the powders. I'm sorry, they are just too pretty. I will - eventually - but not just yet. Yeah I know...

Another thing I wasn't too impressed with was the price increase. The pigment stacks are now £25.50 and the powders are £21.50. Ouch! Did you get anything from this collection? Let me know in the comments!

Anyway, keep on reading to see lots more pictures including swatches of the pigment stacks!



Flower Fantasy Pearlmatte Face Powder

Sunday Afternoon Pearlmatte Face Powder

Strawberry Patch Crushed Metallic Pigment stack
Left side top to bottom: Star Crystal, Rose Light
Right side top to bottom: Strawberry Patch, Moon Rose

Star Crystal, Rose Light, Strawberry Patch, Moon Rose
Taken with flash

Star Crystal, Rose Light, Strawberry Patch, Moon Rose
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Butterfly Party Crushed Metallic Pigment stack
Left side top to bottom: Butterfly Party, Desert Cloud
Right side top to bottom: Rain Drop, Moss Garden

Butterfly Party, Desert Cloud, Rain Drop, Moss Garden
Taken with flash

Butterfly Party, Desert Cloud, Rain Drop, Moss Garden
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Aloha Crushed Metallic Pigment stack
Left side top to bottom: Lantern Light, Campfire
Right side top to bottom: Shifting Sands, Aloha

Lantern Light, Campfire, Shifting Sands, Aloha
Taken with flash

Lantern Light, Campfire, Shifting Sands, Aloha
Taken without flash in natural daylight

3 comments:

  1. The Aloha Crushed Metallic Pigment stack looks SO pretty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look beautiful. Looking forwad to seeing how you use them in a EOTD! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I envy you! I want MAC beauty products as well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...