Wednesday 31 March 2010

Oh the lovely Alice!

Like a lot of people, I was so excited when I heard about Urban Decay releasing the new Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows, and even more excited when I actually managed to buy one (which was not easy, I'm telling you, it took several days of constantly refreshing debenhams.com to finally buy one). So here it is, really really pretty, both the pop-up scene from Alice in Wonderland, and the 16 eyeshadows in the drawer below.
Even though I am a big fan of Urban Decay and own several of their palettes, I didn't have a few shades from this palette, so instead of buying those shades separately, I got the palette. I'm sure it works out cheaper anyway, since you get 16 (albeit not full size) shadows in the palette for just £28. And of course you get a travel sized UDPP and 2 travel sized 24/7 eyepencils.
I used the palette to create a pretty, but easy and neutral look that I'd like to share with you. It only took a few minutes to do and is very easy to create. I paired it up with a bright lipstick because the rest of the look is very neutral. Here it is:
To create this look, I used the following:
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
  • Drink Me, Eat Me (Sin) eyeshadow on inner corner of eyelid and above the crease up to the browbone
  • Muchness (X) eyeshadow on middle and outer part of lid
  • Chessur (Chopper) in crease
  • Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Underground on lower lashline
  • Boots No 7 Extreme Length Mascara in black

Cheeks:

  • Mac Trace Gold blush
  • Mac Honour blush
  • Guerlain Meteorites in Beige Chic

Lips:

  • Mac Big Bow lipstick (LE from Hello Kitty collection)

Hopefully I'll be posting more looks using this palette later this week. Yesterday I used Alice (Painkiller), the beautiful turquoise shade in a look, but unfortunately I never got around to taking pictures. I used it together with White Rabbit (below brownbone to highlight) and 3 shadows from the Book of Shadows vol. 2 palette (Jinx, Flipside and Homegrown) and 24/7 eyeliner pencils in Flipside and Covet.

Do let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I so want this palette,and I'm that you could get your hands on it:D

    Thank you for signing up to my blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cheeks look AMAZING!!!!!! I want everything you have used to get that glow...:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...