Sunday 27 January 2013

NOTD: Models Own Tropical Sun

This is one of the second batch of Beetlejuice polishes Models Own released and I regret to say, I'm still not blown over by their duochrome formula. These polishes looked amazing in the promo pictures, but every one I've tried so far has been rather disappointing.

Taken without flash in shade

Tropical Sun is a coral pink polish with subtle orange duochrome and tiny silver sparkles. The duochrome was only more of a tint, it looked orange most of the times and only looked more pink in the shade. The formula was a bit disappointing as well, it was pretty sheer and it bubbled up on my nails quite noticeably. It lasted quite well on me though, only had some slight chips after 2 days which is the better end of average for me.

Models Own polishes cost £5 each and you get 14 ml for your money which isn't bad. Boots often has a 3 for 2 offer and the Models Own website has some offers to if you buy more than one polish.

See more pictures after the jump!



Taken with flash

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Taken without flash in direct sunlight


1 comment:

  1. Lovely swatches! But I must agree, I wasn't blown away when I saw it at Boots. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...