Tuesday 14 February 2012

Guerlain Spring 2012 Collection - Ecrin 6 Couleurs 66 Boulevard Du Montparnasse Swatches and Review

The third palette that was released with Guerlain's spring collection is this 6 colour palette called 66 Boulevard Du Montparnasse. Quite different from the other permanent 6 colour palettes in that it includes a lot more colour. Still quite neutral and certainly very wearable, it's nice to see that there's more than just the middle shade that  has some colour (and by colour I mean not neutral/brown/grey). The eyeliner is a gorgeous plum colour and you also get a lovely taupe eyeshadow as well as the beautiful pink shade in the middle. 


This palette is possibly my favourite of the existing line of 6 colour palettes, even if we include Rue de Rivoli from last year's spring collection that had that lovely fuchsia colour in the middle. The shadows come in the usual silver heavyweight compact with the gorgeous cut-out lace design and flip-out mirror. You get 7.3g for £52.50, so actually this is a lot more expensive gram per gram than the 4 colour palette, but I guess you're paying extra for the compact itself. Interestingly the price remained the same as last year's, even though the other permanent 6 colour palettes now cost £53.50. I believe this is also going to form part of the permanent line which is really nice as there are just far too many gorgeous products coming out with this collection and it can get very expensive having to buy them all (I should know!).

The shadows are soft and very easy to blend, stay put all day, don't crease and look vibrant for hours and hours. One shade (the one across the bottom) has the least colour payoff, but generally they are all nicely pigmented. I did a lovely look with them which I'll be posting soon. The swatches below were done anti-clockwise from the lightest shade, then the middle shade and last the liner shade on the right. Isn't that pink just beautiful?

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!







With flash

Without flash

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Taken with flash

1 comment:

  1. I'm really tempted by this so I'm pleased to hear it's going to be part of the permanent collection (I'm still on my eyeshadow no-buy). I have Rue de Rivoli and Rue de Passy and I never bore of the beautiful packaging. Thanks for sharing the swatches and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...