Tuesday 14 December 2010

Mission: Nail Rescue part 4 - The Conclusion

This is the fourth part of my nail rescue mission report and unfortunately the results are not as good as I would have hoped, especially based on what Nails Inc promised me on the box of their treatment pack. According to them, by 6 weeks I should be seeing a big improvement in the condition of my splitting, weak nails. Unfortunately this is not the case. My nails have stopped splitting further, that's true, but even after 7 weeks they are still weak and very bendy. They break easily and the nail polish still chips off them in a matter of hours because they are so bendy. 


I was also unimpressed by the amount of cuticle oil included in the set as it ran out within 4 weeks or so. I'm still only halfway through the base coat, yet I have no cuticle oil left. Mind you, the cuticle oil didn't seem to make much of a difference anyway. 

I will keep using the base coat and top coat (the latter is really fast drying) and keep taking the food supplement, so hopefully there will be some more improvement. I have also invented in Mavala's Scientifique which is a nail hardener that you put on the tip of your nails only and I have to say, that has made some difference. I haven't done anything with my nails lately as I haven't been well for the last 9 days, but will persevere. The only thing with that is if you get it on your skin, it hardens that too, so you have to be very careful. I don't know if that's the reason why, but the skin next to the tip of my nail on my right thumb has cracked twice over the last week or so. Maybe it's because of the weather, I don't know, but it is pretty painful. 

Anyway, here are some more pictures of my miserable looking nails. I think you can agree that the mission has been unsuccessful.



Week 6

Week 6

Week 7

Week 7

Mavala Scientifique

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I think there has been inprovement, esp when you look towards the cuticle part. I work with my hands a lot, doing warehouse work, and that should have a criminal effect on my nails. Mine look fine. I'm in good health which helps. I use a product called OPI Nail Envy, the original formula. It costs about $22 CDN, and a bottle lasts me six months. I always have painted nails so it's good value for the $$. To use: remove all polish. Apply the first coat in a wavy fashion. Push the polish from left to right as you coat your nail. This will fill in any ridges you have. Then about 5 min later put on another coat. You can use a top coat on top of this if you wish. Add another coat every second night for a week. Then take off all polish with a gentle nail polish remover (Again I like the OPI remover-I can't remember the name, but it's purple).Within 10days-2 weeks you should have a decent set of claws :) Also, when you file your nails, use an extremely gentle nail file-the least coarse one you can buy. I also use a glass nail file, which costs about $8. CDN and should last a life time. File in one direction to protect the integrity of the nails. Always use rubber gloves when doing the dishes or using any household chemicals. Always wear gloves in cold or damp weather. And you may want to consider talking to your doctor, becuase many ailments can be diagnosed by a person's nails.

    Enjoy your new Guerlain products, and thank you for the pictures! Your new collection looks amazing. I hope to get to see this collection the next time I am in Moncton, which should be in a few weeks.

    Take care,
    Sincerely,
    Carole MacLeod

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...